Personal and Other Information Collected by CTF
- Your name, mailing address, and/or email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Purchase/donation history
- Forum/Guestbook communications and photos
- Complaints you may have about the Website and any of its content and offerings
- Veteran / Military / Group affiliate Status
Why Does CTF Collect Personal Information?
CTF collects personal information for the following reasons: 1. To provide you with the information, products or services you have requested. 2. To better understand you and to allow us to serve you better through more detailed information, enhanced customer service and directed CTF promotional efforts of particular interest; 3. To properly investigate and respond to any challenges, questions or concerns you may have about CTF, our services or the Website; 4. To determine your eligibility for our events, programs, products and services; and 5. For internal recordkeeping, reporting, and data analysis. If you opt in to receive information, offers, promotions or other content that CTF may from time to time provide , your information will be used to provide you with offers for CTF events, programs, products and services that we believe may interest you and to solicit your opinion on our events, programs, products and services. If you have opted in to receive such information and offers, we may also use your personal information to ensure that your contact information is accurate and up to date.
What Kind of Personal Information Does CTF Disclose, to Whom and Why?
1. To Third Parties To Perform Processing and Other Specialized Services: At times, CTF may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as, but not limited to, credit card processing, merchandise sales and order fulfillment. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided.
2. To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose personal information to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities (i) if so ordered by a court of law, or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect CTF’s rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of Users sending material using a false email address or Users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
3. To Strategic Partners. We also reserve the right to share information with our strategic partners and other designated non-profit organizations of ours. We do not sell or rent personal information about you (except in connection with a significant transaction as described immediately below).
4. To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event: In the case of any significant transaction or event involving CTF or any of its affiliated entities such as, by way of example, a merger, amalgamation, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to CTF’s various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, CTF would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Also, upon completion of any such transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to CTF’s successor-in-interest to be used for the purposes for which it was collected.
How Long Does CTF Retain Personal Information?
We keep your information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When your personal information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be erased from our records.
What Security Measures Does CTF Have in Place To Safeguard Personal Information?
CTF has implemented reasonable physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your information from error, loss or unauthorized access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as encryption, passwords and firewalls to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information contained on our computer systems. In addition, any third parties we use are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose.
Non-personal or aggregated information is information that cannot be associated with or traced back to a specific person. When Users browse our Website, for example, we may gather information about the number of Users who are viewing each page so that we can learn what features generate the most interest. We also use this data, both aggregated and personally identifiable, to personalize and enhance your onsite experience by displaying content that we believe will be of interest to you and to deliver content that is specific to your interest. We may disclose anonymous, aggregated information about our Website to third parties.
Links to Third Party Sites
Users may, through hypertext or other computer “links,” gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated or monitored by CTF. CTF is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CTF of the website or content linked to. CTF ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF CTF’S WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITE WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON CTF’S WEBSITE. Unless otherwise expressly stated at CTF’s Website, CTF is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked website, and trademarks used in connection with linked website are not trademarks of CTF. CTF specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by a minor of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through use of a linked website.
How to Control How Your Personal Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed
You have control over how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Any comments, questions or changes regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information shall be directed to a CTF representative, as described below. You may choose not to receive email from us, even after granting permission, by unsubscribing. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from emails that are not related to processing of your transactions with us are included in each such email. A request for a copy of the personal information we keep about you, depending on the laws of your country, must be made in writing giving details with which CTF can identify you. Information will be furnished in accordance with applicable law.
Questions, Comments or Accessing or Updating Your Personal Information